Latest News (Beavers)
- Bird feeders and a hike
- Wood craft
- ‘Key’ mobiles
- Dog tags (metalwork)
- Camping Skills LEVEL 1 badge
- Crafts and painting
- Survivor game
- Discovering fire – campfire challenge
- Board games and quiet time
- Saturday evening – BARN DANCE!
- Rope bridge
- Vertical Skills LEVEL 1 badge
- Winter boots or lined rubber boots
- INDOOR SHOES
- 2 pairs of mittens/gloves
- 2 WINTER hats/toques
- Long underwear
- 2 pairs of pants (lined and no jeans preferably)ll
- 2 pairs of underwear
- 3 pairs of socks
- 2 tshirts
- 1 hoodie
- Winter coat
- Snow pants
- Sleep wear
- Slippers (if they prefer for bed)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, etc
- Medication – if your child has medication, please hand in directly to Scouter Robin with instructions
- Bed Roll:
- Camping mat
- Sleeping bag
- Fleece blanket(s)
- You do not need to place in tarp as bedrolls will be indoor. Please ensure that bedrolls are tied properly with rope. Do not use elastic bands as they break. There are many videos on YouTube on how to do this properly.
- Plush toy
- Mess Kit:
- Water Bottle ONLY
- All other utensils and plates, etc are provided at this camp
- FLASHLIGHT (and extra batteries)
- Small rucksack to carry with them their water bottle
Posted on April 12th, 2017 by Scouter Phil
This week we are going to Zubicks. 105 Clarke rd. We are going to see some cars get crushed and learn about many other things that they do with the metals. It will be a lot of fun. Our tour starts at 6:30 and will be approx. 1 hour, I’m asking everyone to try to be there by 6:20pm so our tour can start on time. We will gather at the parking lot gates and walk in together. A parent needs to stay with their beaver. Please dress appropriately as we will be outside walking.
Posted on March 20th, 2017 by Scouter Phil
Posted on March 16th, 2017 by Scouter Robin
Group Camp Details:
66th Group Camp
Where: Camp Sylvan – Frontierland
Address: 32098 Scout Rd, Thedford ON N0M 2N0
When: Saturday March 25 – Sunday March 26, 2017
Drop off time: Saturday at 9:00am
Pick up time: Sunday at 9:30am
Cost: $25.00 for the day/$40.00 for the weekend
Beaver youth will be spending the day and one night at camp. Beavers will be sleeping INDOORS in the bunk house. There are 4 bunks to a room. Third year Beavers will be spending the majority of the camp with the Cubs in preparation for next year, including sleeping the lower level of the chalet. Younger Beavers will be placed in bunks. Female leaders and parent helpers will be sleeping in the bunk house as well (separate quarters) and will be on duty supervising. Indoor washroom facilities are adjacent to the bunk house.
Snacks as well as lunch and dinner (Scouter Doug has Bear meat!) will be provided on Saturday as well an evening ‘mug up’ snack. Breakfast provided Sunday morning.
What is planned:
We have a full day of activities planned which include:
Please ensure that your child has the following with him/her at camp:
NOTE: There are NO electronics at camp. Please leave valuables and special personal belongings at home. Many things have been lost at camps before. Thank you.
Posted on February 20th, 2017 by Scouter Phil
When: March 21, 2017 at 6pm till 7:15pm
Cost: $3.00 for the scouting youth
. $6.50 for adult or other siblings that want to come.
Where: C-21201 Lakeside Dr, Thorndale ON N0M 2P0
What: First we will be enjoying all you can eat pancakes and a maple sugar candy, then we will go on a foot tour of the sugar bush and learn the ways of that the natives and our ancestors made maple syrup and other products, all the way up to present day production.
Please dress appropriately as we will be walking through the bush, and a flashlight in case it starts getting dark on us.
Forms will be hand it out by a section leader and need to be back in by March 14th with the money.